I do not read to think. I do not read to learn. I do not read to search for truth. I know the truth, and the truth is hardly what I need. I read to dream!

Saturday 2 April 2011

Suckerpunch

As soon as I saw the advert, I knew I had to go and see this film. Which I just got back from. During research I heard alot of shit about the storyline and plot. So many people said it didn't flow, or make sense...but it so did, IF you paid any attention. The plot was actually quite clever, I'll admit it gets a bit complicated with the dreams within a dreams type scenario, but it was really good. Emily Browning was playing on rather one note, but she looked so good, you barley notice, and when you consider all the action, singing vocals, serious dramatic acting, she did a really good job anyway. I loved all the action sequences, they are the perfect set-up for a game! I love how diverse they were, and the different enemies they had to come up against. You could really get to grips with the conflicts and contrasts with the dream sequences and her real real life. Actually a rather powerful message, and don't get me wrong the same message of sisterhood has been done over and over and over again, but never in quite such a fantasy way. If you think you're anything like me, you'll love this movie

No comments:

Post a Comment